Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why am i not Married?

The last time I asked this question on facebook it generated all types of comments, some so funny that I rolled on the floor with laughter. Some comments were quite mundane and some were quite jarring. You might wonder why I am visiting this topic again but I have to because of something that happened.


A familiar and customer visited the bank today and we got talking. At first it was just general gist and then it moved on to the more personal stuff; he asked questions like “do you like your job?”… At some point he asked my age and when I responded, he asked me the next obvious question as regards this topic. “Why are you not married?” “gbagaun!!!!” So I smiled and said stuff about how I’m not married just because… (Tried to sound as subliminal as possible…or maybe I just feel like using the word “subliminal here). Anyways, he goes on and on about how there is no perfect man and how I need to follow my heart and all that jazz. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not beefing neither am I being on the defensive but I really just can’t go into all the things he said.


After he left, the question just wouldn’t get off my mind so here I am trying to figure out why I’m not married. After giving it much thought here are some of the reasons I think I’m not married.


Most of the single cute guys want some booty. I am no saint but if you as a guy really want to be serious with a girl, the last thing on your mind should be bedding her shouldn’t it? I’m not saying you shouldn’t be sexually attracted to a girl you want to date and possibly marry, neither should anyone be with someone they are not sexually attracted to but I just think certain things can wait and should be done without. Some people will say “how can I spend the rest of my life with someone and not know what he/she is like in bed? All I’m saying is I cannot be someone’s booty call at this stage of my life not even for the sake of marriage.


Then there are the ones that I know deep within me are serious but for some reason I am not attracted to them. Life is not fair is it? I try to stay friends with the guys in this category to see if the attraction might grow but nothing happens. If he meets all other criteria, should I get hooked and hope that in time it will grow? What if it doesn’t? what if it does? Maybe you will help me with the answer to that.


Then of course there are some really cute attractive guys who have 70% of what I want but are already taken- either married or seriously dating.


So is there something wrong with me? Am I being too choosy? Are my standards too high or am I just scared of commitment?


Some of my friends are saying God’s time is the best and I am hoping God’s time is not when I’m at menopause. Then of course my mum keeps reminding me of how many kids she had ad when she was my age…not that I’m old or anything. So the question still remains: Why am I not married?

No comments:

Post a Comment