Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Hometown

The red earth on which we tread
The untarred roads which we ply
The women riding bicycles and motorcycles
The market women selling “ugba” , “oka”and “ube”
The young ladies in their long skirts and scarves at mass on Sunday
The catechism that is taught in igbo
The constant hisses when a young lady is sighted wearing a pair of jeans
The clean breeze in the villages
The fresh water by the riverside
The rowdiness at upper iweka
The incessant kidnaps of any well fed person
The fear in going home for Christmas that was once upon a time the highlight of the year
The continuous political upheaval
From Ngige to Andy Uba to Peter Obi to Soludo?
Who next? Maybe me
My Anambra! My hometown!
Light of the Nation!
What a contrast!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh!!!!! I was thinking this post would end with Unubi? Lmao!

    ReplyDelete